Superintendent Searches – Legal Resources
Colorado's Open Meetings Law, C.R.S. 24-6-401 et seq. (COML) requires some aspects of the search for a superintendent to be conducted in public. The following memos and sample board resolutions address these COML requirements.
To access these resources, please sign in with your CASB username and password.
- Legal memo – Superintendent Searches
- Legal memo – Interim Superintendent Search
- Legal memo – Executive Session Guidance for Boards Conducting a Superintendent Search
- Legal memo – Executive Session Guidance for Superintendent Search Committees
- Sample board resolution – Declaring/Appointing Superintendent Finalists