Meetings matter. Running effective, efficient and lawful public meetings is how school board members accomplish their work. But it isn’t easy. Mastering protocol and memorizing complex legal requirements is challenging for both new and experienced board members alike. Boards need a straightforward resource to take the guesswork out of governing.
Now, there’s an app for that.CASB’s Gavel Guide™ is a free mobile meeting management app has everything you need to run productive school board meetings. Designed by CASB and exclusive to its members, the app takes users step-by-step through the meeting process while incorporating Colorado law, CASB sample policies and publications, and parliamentary procedure.
The app can help you master the ins and outs of school board meeting protocol by allowing you to:
- create customized agendas with timely, CASB-recommended agenda items
- conduct meetings with step-by-step guidance and sample announcements for recording meetings, entering executive session and controlling disruptions
- embed personalized agendas into Gavel Guide™ meeting protocols
- research legal requirements for public notices, special meetings, voting and more with citations, checklists and explanations
- manage your district’s users and settings
- stay connected to CASB and your district’s events with an interactive calendar
|“I am glad to see that the app really focuses on helping new board members – I learned a great deal AND was happy to find a place for all my contacts! This is a valuable tool for CASB members because as a new board member, there is SO much to learn all at once. This app walks you through the possible land mines BEFORE you step in them!!”
Jefferson County School Board member
To download the app to your Apple or Android device, go to CASB’s Gavel Guide download webpage. If you have any questions or if you represent another local government membership organization and would like to bring offer this resource to your members, please contact us at .
Gavel Guide™ was designed by CASB and developed by VistaWorks, a Colorado company.