Data for GovernanceCASB's Data for Governance project promises to provide board of education members with new insight on how to lead using student achievement data. The Data for Governance initiative is designed to provide essential training and other resources that board members can use to impact the success of their students.
As the initiative grows, this webpage will be a comprehensive resource to keep members up to date on the latest training opportunities and information. Please bookmark this page for easy access.
Here are links to some excellent resources to guide boards in using data for decision-making.
• NSBA Data First site
• Accountability Alignment section of CDE website
• CASB’s Great Governing Resources, Toolbox & Blog
At-your-fingertips guides and training tools.
- CASB Leadership Workbook Chapter 4: Student Achievement
- District Accountability Handbook
- Unified Improvement Planning Handbook
- PowerPoint from "How to Use Data to Govern Your School District," Oct. 13, 2011, presentation by John Hefty, consultant to CASB
- Turnaround Status: What does it mean for our school board?
School district policy is the cornerstone of school board governance. In the links below you will find essential policy information for accreditation and accountability as well as CASB sample policies. Questions? Contact CASB's policy department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-832-1000.