CASB Classrooms–Stimulus Spending Webinar
Previous CASB Classroom Webinar:
Navigating the Stimulus Spending Requirements in Colorado
Presenters: Kathy Shannon, director, CASB Member Legal Resources and Policy Counsel; Kathleen Sullivan, director and Wendy Armstrong, associate director, CASB Legal Services Program
Wednesday, April 29, 2009; 12:00-1:30 p.m.
Location: This is a Web-based seminar.
Get the latest information and guidance on federal stimulus money headed for Colorado schools.
Make informed decisions when spending stimulus money by joining CASB’s legal team for this interactive Web-based seminar.
President Obama’s American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) will bring stimulus funds to Colorado schools. Receive up-to-date information regarding the stimulus package’s impact on Colorado school districts so the decisions you make are in compliance with federal law. In this seminar, CASB attorneys will also provide information on Colorado’s progress in applying for monies from the State Fiscal Stabilization Fund (SFSF).
- How and when stimulus money can be spent.
- The four principles guiding the distribution and use of ARRA funds.
- General principles governing Title IA and special education spending, including how to deal with thorny maintenance of effort and supplement, not supplant, requirements.
Walk away with:
- Guidance on creating legally sound multi-year spending plans based on the latest information from federal and state resources, including the U.S. Department of Education and the Colorado Department of Education.
- A framework to help you make decisions regarding federal stimulus dollars.
- Where to go for more information when making decisions about stimulus spending.