All State Board of Education
Congratulations to the 2013 All State Boards of Education winners
Center Consolidated 26JT
St. Vrain Valley RE-1J
Nominate your board for the 2013 All State Board of Education Award
Sponsored by CASB and George K. Baum & Company - Investment Bankers since 1928
Process and Criteria
- School districts must be CASB members to participate.
- Submission must be made by the board president or district superintendent.
- All board members must be in agreement with the application.
- Application must contain a narrative, up to two pages, describing the board’s governance work in all five of the following areas:
- How the board engaged constituents, developed a shared vision, and developed polices and plans to increase student achievement.
- How the board demonstrated leadership either on the district and community level, or the state, regional or national level.
- How the board used sound reasoning and strong ethics in its decision-making.
- How the board continuously developed its members individually and as a team.
- How the board displayed excellence and consistency in response to challenges or issues the board and community faced.
- Total applications must be fewer than five printed pages.
- Materials must be submitted by Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013 via email to Alan Hentschel, executive assistant for member relations. Only electronic applications will be considered.
- Boards may want to attach supporting documents that illustrate the work outlined in the narrative.
- Be specific. This will give judges a clear picture of your board’s effective work.
- Disclaimer: By submitting this application, nominees agree all application materials (except for personal contact information) may be used publicly by CASB for informational and promotional purposes.
Along with the honor of being recognized as a pioneer of exceptional governance, the winning school board will receive $2,500 to be used for any educational purpose the board chooses. Winners will be honored during CASB’s 73rd Annual Convention Dec. 5-8, 2013, at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs.
Thank you to George K. Baum for their generous support of this award and for their support of educational excellence.
A committee of current and former board members will review all applications, select finalists and confirm the All State Award winner.
Past All State Boards of Educations
- 2012 – South Routt Re-3
- 2011 – Mapleton Public Schools
- 2010 – Dolores RE-4A, Littleton Public Schools
- 2009 – Aurora Public Schools, Plateau Valley #50
- 2008 – Weld County 6
Past Boards of Distinction
- 2012 – Brush District Re 2(J), Ignacio Public Schools, Holyoke Re-1J, Salida R-32-J
- 2011 – Academy 20, Archuleta-Hinsdale 50 JT, Aspen No. 1 Re
- 2010 – Eads Kiowa County Re-1, Lake County R-1, Poudre R-1
- 2009 – Crowley County Schools, McClave Re-2, Poudre R-1
- 2008 – Crowley County Schools, Denver Public Schools, Ridgway School District R-2